Special Issue of SiSAL Journal. The Psychology of Language Learning Beyond the Classroom. Selected papers from the 2018 Psychology of Language Learning Conference, Tokyo
SiSAL Journal will publish a special issue on selected papers from the Psychology of Language Learning Conference 3 in March 2019 (Volume 10, Issue 1) edited by Jo Mynard and David McLoughlin.
Studies in Self-Access Learning Journal (SiSAL) is an open access, peer-reviewed, quarterly publication for those interested in the field of self-access language learning and supporting language learning beyond the classroom. The articles reflect the ongoing contributions to the field and are aimed at international researchers and practitioners.
PLL3 addressed a wide range of topics relating to psychology in language learning, such as:
- language learners as people and their various individual characteristics, including self-concept, motivation, identities, beliefs, agency, and emotions
- the dynamics of the learning process and interaction with others
- context and the psychology of language learning
- innovative and interdisciplinary approaches to research
- practical classroom applications
This special issue of SiSAL Journal may include a focus on any of these aspects, but should make explicit reference to supporting learners outside the classroom. We invite the following:
- Research papers (around 5000 words)
- Good practice papers which are less research-focused and emphasize how language learners are supported psychologically outside the classroom (around 3500 words)
- Work in progress papers (ideal for early career researchers) (around 2000 words)
- Conference reviews of PLL3 (around 2000 words)
Deadlines and publication information
- Deadline for submissions: November 1, 2018
- Confirmation of provisional acceptance: November 30, 2018
- Peer review process: December 2018 to January 2019
- Final preparation of manuscripts: January to February 2019
- Publication: March 2019
Please follow the journal style guidelines and submit your manuscript as an e-mail attachment to the editors at: Editor@sisaljournal.org by November 1, 2018.
If you are interested in joining the editorial or review teams, please get in touch.
Only papers presented at PLL3 will be eligible for inclusion in this special issue (with the exception of conference reviews). Other papers on the theme of psychology of language learning beyond the classroom could be submitted for consideration for a general issue of SiSAL Journal.